From Tuesday 22 to Sunday 27 August 2023
Around the world in 6 days live from Haguenau!
This year again, the Hop Festival invites people to meet the cultures of the world and offers, for its 62th edition a festive, rich and varied program to the rhythm of world dances and music.
Escape will be there again this year: 500 artists de 15 countries and regions transform the city of Haguenau into an intercultural crossroads during 6 days.
Near 20 folk ballets and orchestras will follow one another on the different stages for an express world tour fromAlsace, ofGermany, Bulgaria, Cyprus, D 'South Africa, Benin, Ivory Coast, Guinea, In theEcuador, Paraguay, D 'Armenia, Singapore, Bangladesh and D'Australia !
More than 100 hours of shows, concerts and workshops are scheduled throughout the week:
• 5 dinner shows themes at the Halle aux Houblons from 18 p.m.
The sets of blosmusik and folk ballets will delight the spectators who will be able to eat while enjoying the show every evening in this historic place of the festival.
Free from Tuesday to Thursday evening - paying on weekends
• 3 shows « From one world to another at the Théâtre de Haguenau at 20 p.m.: a unique opportunity to meet two continents in one evening!
From Tuesday to Thursday evening - paying - by reservation
â € ¢ Des concerts et folklore shows en plein air au Culture Forum, Republic Square.
Free every day from Tuesday to Sunday from 10:30 a.m. to 22 p.m.
â € ¢ Des festive concerts at the Bar du Monde at the Salle des Corporations from 18:30 p.m.: come and enjoy a unique atmosphere thanks to 2 contemporary music concerts and a DJ set every evening.
Free every evening from Tuesday to Sunday
â € ¢ Des workshops. et shows dedicated to young audience
Wednesday to Friday - free - upon registration for certain workshops
• The traditional grand parade Sunday, August 27 at 15 p.m. downtown for fence the Festival in style.
Exhibitions across the city
Republic Square, at the premises of theold court, the photographers of theThe GRAPh association offer a selection of best shots of the'2022 edition of the Hop Festival. A beautiful parenthesis which will allow you to reminisce the most beautiful moments of this edition. The facade of the building will also come to life thanks to the portraits of artists by photographer Emmanuel Viverge !
Throughout the week, overhead pergolas will be arranged in all the city ! They present the achievements of festival partners :
- the Glycines Medical-Pedagogical Institute,
- the Roselière retirement home in Schweighouse-sur-Moder,
- the socio-cultural center of Langensand,
- the Robert Schuman and Les Pins socio-cultural centers
- the Picasso House of the Harthouse medical-social center
So go and discover the cfolk costumes from different countries, all more colorful each other and immortalize so unique your visit to the Festival!
The festival village
Instead of friendliness, the Village offers the sale ofcrafts of the world by Emmaüs, the Boutique du Monde, Alsace-Huicholes-Coras (Mexico) and the Brasserie Le Refuge.
Tuesday to Sunday from 14 a.m. to 19 p.m.
The world market
Place d'Armes, at the heart of the Festival, a world market will take place during the weekend: crafts et put the world du Brazil, de Madagascar, du Vietnam or the Mexico will be offered to festival-goers. You will also be able to enjoy short performances by the folk ensembles present during the week which will animate the market for your greatest pleasure! Change of scenery guaranteed!
Friday and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 20 p.m., Sunday from 10 a.m. to 19 p.m.
A ball around the world
Get carried away on the dance floor at Culture Forum ! Bal 'Us Trad offers you a world tour in music. The artists of folk ensembles will join you on the dancefloor to introduce you to a few traditional steps: from Britain to the Savoy, Cyprus to the Guinea, come share a good time to the sounds of world music !
Saturday from 21 a.m.
Discover the novelties of 2023!
This year again, the Hop Festival has surprises in store for you!
- a Voice of the World at the Theater on August 23 with the excellent Bulgarian singing trio ISPOLIN and l'South African prestige ensemble Sidlangalaloludzala.
- Un young audience maze on the theme of UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage. The labyrinth will be present throughout the week of the festival in free access to Square Vieille-Île. meet Pearl the pirate parrot, answer all his questions and find the exit!
- An gala on Saturday evening during which you will find all the folk ensembles of the week and discover exclusive sets for the occasion. Enjoy a special menu for this exceptional evening !
- An closing party with an exceptional concert by Robin Leon and the raffle draw. On this occasion, dive one last time into thetypically Alsatian atmosphere of the Hops Market !
The team of the tourist office is at your disposal to help you prepare your stay in the Land of Haguenau or to suggest activities during your holidays. Come and discover an authentic territory with its crafts, its forests, its Alsatian traditions ...