As part of the European Days of Jewish Culture and the commemoration of the 200th anniversary of the Haguenau synagogue, we invite you to participate in our events from late September to early October!
European Days of Jewish Culture
Go to discovery de fallen down dating from 17th century until today, thus recounting several periods of history. Accès libre.
Find the Troop of the Decapolian of Haguenau at the IUT of Haguenau where they will present you with " Jewish tales of the world on 7 paintings ! These stories which sometimes draw on the fable were collected by Muriel bloch, collector, storyteller-traveler, author of collections and tales. Sometimes short, sometimes long, the paintings on offer combine at the same time, the poetry, the wonderful, the fantastique, where reality feeds on dream, theworry but always borrow the clothes of the laugh.
Guided tours to commemorate 200 years of the synagogue
Saturday, September 25, you will be offered two guided tours at the departure from the Tourist Office :
- « The role played by the Jewish community with hops from the Haguenau region " at 14h
- « Shops run by Jews in the city center in the XNUMXth century " at 16h
Sunday, September 26, you will also be offered two guided tours:
- « Discovery of the Haguenau synagogue »At 14 p.m. at the start of the Synagogue.
- « Discovery of the Haguenau synagogue »At 16 p.m. at the start of the Synagogue.
- « The Jewish cemetery of Haguenau, its history and its remarkable stelae »At 16 pm from the Jewish cemetery.
Registration prior compulsory with thethe Tourist Office au +03 88 06 59 99 XNUMX.
Historical conferences at the IUT of Haguenau
On the program you will attend many conferences given by university, researchers and sociologists toIUT of Haguenau au 30 Rue du Maire André Traband :
October 2 from 20 p.m. to 22:30 p.m., you will participate in the conferences of:
- Carole Wenner: “ Jewish holidays through the stained glass windows of the Haguenau synagogue »From 20:30 p.m. to 21:10 p.m.,
- Fabien Baumann-Gsell: “ The architecture of the Haguenau synagogue and comparison with other synagogues in Alsace »From 21:10 p.m. to 22:50 p.m.
October 3 from 8:30 a.m. to 18 p.m., will be present:
- Claude Muller: " A confessional shock. Jews and Catholics in Alsace from 1700 to 1870 »From 8:40 p.m. to 9:20 p.m.,
- Paul Anthony: " Eternal Rose (s): the captivity of Alphonse Geisenberger (1914-1918) »From 9:20 am to 10 am,
- Jean-Claude Barbier: " Jewish refugees in Alsace in the 1930s »From 10 p.m. to 10:40 p.m.,
- Nicolas Laugel: " The community of Haguenau from 1930 to 1950 »From 11 p.m. to 11:40 p.m.,
- Friedrich Peter: " Jews in Germany, the case of Kehl between 1930 and 1950 »From 11:40 p.m. to 12:20 p.m.,
- Katy Hazan: " The Haguenau orphanage after 1945 »From 14 p.m. to 14:40 p.m.,
- Odile Gozillon-Fronsacq: “ Scenes from Jewish life in pictures, film clips and old recordings »From 14:40 p.m. to 15:20 p.m.,
- Claude Heymann: " The community of Haguenau from the 80s to the present day. A rabbi's reflection on the disappearance of the community »From 16:10 p.m. to 16:50 p.m.,
- Freddy Raphael: " Claude Vigée's itinerary and unfinished quest from the Rhine willows to the veined rock of Jerusalem »From 16:50 p.m. to 17:30 p.m.,
- Audrey Kichelewski: Scientific conclusion from 18 p.m. to 18:15 p.m.,
- Richard Weibel: Acknowledgments and closing of the conference 18 p.m. to 15 p.m.
No prior registrationMore limitation of the number of places. Pass-sanitary control and obligation to respect sanitary measures in the places.
The team of the tourist office is at your disposal to help you prepare your stay in the Land of Haguenau or to suggest activities during your holidays. Come and discover an authentic territory with its crafts, its forests, its Alsatian traditions ...