Bernolsheim

67170
Bernolsheim
09 54 96 79 69
03 88 51 10 65
info@bernolsheim.fr

Location and access

  • Bernolsheim - Vincent_Clauss_City_of_Haguenau
  • Bernolsheim - Vincent_Clauss_City_of_Haguenau
  • Bernolsheim - Françoise DELCAMP
  • Bernolsheim - Françoise DELCAMP
  • Bernolsheim - Françoise DELCAMP
  • Bernolsheim - Françoise DELCAMP
Bernolsheim is a village which is located about 17 km north of Strasbourg. Tombs attest to the occupation of the Bernolsheim site from the Gallo-Roman era. After the advent of the Hasbourgs in 1272, Bernolsheim became an empire village and joined the Grand Bailliage of Haguenau (Landvogtei) which explains why it remains Catholic although it was entrusted in fief from 1332 to the Lichtenbergs then to the Lampertheim . Bernolsheim will be part of the provost of Batzendorf (Schultheissenamt) until 1789. In 1476, the town had 19 families. In 1637, during the Thirty Years' War, the Bernolsheimois had to take refuge in Schiltigheim to escape the fighting and in 1664, the village suffered from fires caused by Turenne's troops.