03 88 73 85 18
Location and access
Batzendorf is a rural village, between tradition and modernity, located 5 km from Haguenau and about 20 km from Strasbourg. It has 993 inhabitants, covers 690 hectares, is part of the Agglomeration Community of Haguenau and is twinned with Laizé in Burgundy. Batzendorf has a very beautiful onion bell tower built in 1781 and dedicated to Saint Arbogast. It has 2 gravel pits on its ban, one of which extracts a wide variety of sands (quartz, clay, gravel, topsoil, etc.) which are used by the building, ceramic and chemical industries. Quartz sand is recognized for its uses in various fields: tiles, masonry, foundry, aquarists, golf, sports grounds, filtration, glassware, hydraulic cutting ... The Municipality is also rich in ten farms (hops, raspberries , oyster mushrooms, asparagus ...) and in terms of trade and crafts, it offers a wide range of services: medical care, local shops, hotel-restaurant ...