The ponds of Gruendel

Haguenau
Haguenau forest
67500
Haguenau
+03 88 06 59 99 XNUMX
tourisme@agglo-haguenau.fr

Location and access

  • The ponds of Gruendel
  • The ponds of Gruendel
To the north of the forest, the Gruendel ponds located at the center of a forest crossroads are called "Grunes Wasser" (the green ponds). They were dug in 1893 to extract the gravel necessary for the construction of a railroad track destroyed during the Second World War. There are still many vestiges of the line. It is now cleared of trees and brush and used on certain portions as a hiking trail. As of March, these ponds constitute nesting places for several species of frogs and newts. Around the ponds of Gruendel, there are oil wells exploited until the 1970s. Many traces of this activity are still visible, in particular some wells.

Covid-19 Information

Opening, proposed sales service (post containment)
Open to the public
Protective measures
The service provider declares to comply with health protocols

Practical information and services

Type of places to visit
Natural environment (reserve, peat bog, flora and fauna ...)

Location

Situation
In forest

Opening dates and periods