Protestant temple

Haguenau
Albert Schweitzer Square
67500
Haguenau
-
-
tourisme@agglo-haguenau.fr

Location and access

  • Protestant temple
  • Protestant temple
It was the Prussian army which became very important after 1870 who took the initiative to build a temple for the garrison. It was built from 1893 to 1895. The neo-medieval style was until the end of the century the style of all Christian shrines. He appeared for the first time in Haguenau in 1859-60 with the small Protestant temple. Its construction, long rejected by the Catholic community, was authorized in 1857 by Napoleon III.

Practical information and services

Type of places to visit
Religious site
Remarkable monument, house or neighborhood
Visit formulas
Free tour
Guided tour for groups by appointment

Location

Situation
In the town / village center
Login
Served by a regular bus / tram line