Church of St. Nicholas

High Street
03 88 73 19 92
03 88 06 59 99
Languages ​​spoken

Location and access

  • St. Nicholas Church - Zvardon
  • Saint-Nicolas Church - Emmanuel VIVERGE
From the Romanesque church built by the Hohenstaufen family, only the square base of the bell tower remains. The church, unlike others, does not have a cross plan. It constitutes the remains of the foundation of a hospice by Frédéric Barberousse at the time of his departure on a crusade. The tower will remain and will be included around 1300 in the Gothic church. In 1424, the church was enlarged and the neo-Gothic sacristy carried out in 1846. During the Revolution, the parish bought the furniture of the Neubourg convent: the organs, the pulpit, the stalls, the statues of the Church fathers. It forms a remarkable ensemble where the passage from the tormented style of the Baroque to the straight lines of the Louis XVI style can be read. The tower was badly damaged during the war and the bell destroyed. The restoration of the church from 1965 was able to bring out the beautiful lines of Gothic construction in all its purity. The stained glass windows are by Arthur Schouler.

Practical information and services

Type of places to visit
Religious site
Visit formulas
Free tour
Guided tour for groups by appointment


In the town / village center